This model is cuter when using smaller square paper. For this demonstration, I used a 6 x 6 inches paper.
- 1 pc square sheet of paper
1. Start by creating a pentagon paper. To do this grab your paper, white-side up.
2. Fold diagonally.
3. Take the right side corner and fold towards the left-side corner of the triangle. Unfold.
4. Take the upper flap downward, position where the tip meets the center point, do not fold it, just leave a small mark.
5. Then take the upper flap again, move the tip towards the center point of the previous crease and then fold.
6. Take the left corner and fold upwards.
7. Unfold inverted triangle.
8. Flip the model over.
9. Take the left part of the model and fold to the right.
10. Take the upper right flap, and then fold to the left where the edges meet.
11. Take the right part of the model, and then fold to the left where the edges meet.
12. Take the upper right flap, fold 90 degrees. Unfold.
13. Cut along the last crease we created.
14. Unfold, and you just created the perfect pentagon!
1. Take your paper pentagon, color facing up. For demonstration purposes I have drawn dashed lines to point out particular creases.
First is to remember these dashed lines in black. Refold these creases. This is for the mountain fold.
Also refold the dashed lines in light blue. These folds will be used for the valley fold.
Your complete refold should look something like the one below. Notice the mountain and valley folds.
2. Place your index finger on top of the center point. And slowly press downward.
3. Collect all 5 corners clockwise (starting from top to right to bottom to left).
For the last corner, fold inward and then fold.
4. Take the part with three edges. Fold upward to the left.
5. Flip over and repeat step #4.
6. Take the upper and lower flap, and slowly open it up.
7. Loosen the center of the back.
8. Cut halfway the center creases for all corners.
9. Now take the upper flap of each corner, and fold, make sure that there is a little window/slit. Do this in all sides.
10. Now, do this fold with the other side.
11. Flip over. And cut the top corner of all petals like an inverted “V”.
Your Origami Cherry Blossom is now complete!