1. Take a square sheet of origami paper. White side-up if you are using a one-sided paper. Fold in half diagonally. Unfold.
2. Take top edge and fold towards the diagonal crease.
3. Take left edge and fold towards the diagonal crease.
4. Flip the model over and position this way.
5. Take the top corner and fold downward so the tips meet.
6. Take the upper flap and fold upward to make a small pleat.
7. Turn over the model. Fold the bottom corner upward where tip meets the center of the nearest crease.
8. Fold the item in half to the left.
9. Open the item and fold from the inside to make pleats triangular. Do the other side of the model.
10. To make the head, fold inward the top part of the model.
11. To make the trunk, fold inward
12. Fold the tip of the trunk inward.
Draw some eyes, and the elephant is COMPLETE!